BREAKING: FG Files 20 Charges Against Emefiele In Abuja, Seeks To Withdraw Lagos Firearms Case
The Federal Government Tuesday applied to withdraw the “illegal possession of firearms” case it filed against the suspended Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Godwin Emefiele, at the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) at the Federal Ministry of Justice Mohammed Bakodo Abubakar told Justice Nicholas Oweibo that the application followed the result of further investigations.
He made his application orally.
But defence counsel Joseph Daudu (SAN) opposed him, arguing that because the government was in disobedience of the court’s order granting Emefiele bail, its application could not be taken.
DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE……
HELP HAS COME!
DO YOU KNOW THAT OUR RADIONICS COMPUTER DOES THE FOLLOWING?:
- Diagnose all Imbalances In Your Body System like The Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Digestive, Skeletal, Reproductive, Nervous, Excretory and Urinary?
- Discover Blood diseases like Leucaemia and Other Malignant Diseases At Their Incipience?
- Check and Test For The Functional States Of The Liver, Heart, Kidney and Lungs, Hormones and Other Body Fluids and Organs using a blood spot or hair strands as witness or specimen samples?
*Selects, the appropriate Homoeopathic Remedy for your perculiarity?
- Broadcasts Treatment To Someone Not Within Physical Reach through “Remote healing method
- Treats The Whole Being and Not Just The Disease?
These and Others makes Sochi-kaima Homoeopathy Hospital different From Both The Conventional and “Traditional” Herbal Clinics.
We Are Professional Homoeopaths….Try Homoeopathy, Visit us @Sochi-Kaima Hospital
2, Ọmụma Road, Mgbidi, Oru West LGA, Imo State.
Open Letter ESQ
The judge had on July 25, admitted Emefiele to a N20million bail on a two-count charge of illegal possession of firearms and ammunition and ordered his remand at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre, pending the fulfilment of his bail conditions.
But the DSS rearrested the embattled bank chief after fighting off NCoS officials on the court’s premises.
AttNews gathered that the government has filed fresh charges against Emefiele in Abuja.
Speaking with journalists after the day’s proceedings Mr. Abubakar said the fresh charges – with 20 counts – were filed at the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court.
One of the counts accuses Emefiele of “conferring unlawful advantages”.