To establish a new, progressive and secure Abia.
Nnenna N. Lancaster-Okoro, Esq.
A wife, mother, homemaker, lawyer, businesswoman and quintessential grassroot politician.
I am a confident, articulate and multi-faceted Politician who is well-respected by the electorate in my native Ward and beyond. Being heard and making a difference are the motivations that lured me into politics. As an experienced International Lawyer, I understand the unique challenges faced by lawyers handling cross-border issues. My passion for social justice, making a tangible difference in the community and resolving problems make me the ideal candidate for a demanding position in the political sector.
- Played key roles in two successful Senatorial elections and a re-run election
- Utilised my expert leadership and organisational abilities whilst serving as the Chairman of the South East Sensitisation Committee under the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Political Matters (2016 – 2018),
- Exhibit strength of character and adaptability to successfully raise a family as well as run careers in Law, Internetwork Engineering and politics
- Skilled in holding my own in politics as well as running my Consultancy in a very challenging environment
- Competently run a successful NGO that helps resettle women fleeing from violence
- Awarded Harvard University’s Herchel Smith scholarship; I was recognised as an exceptional student who showed the potential to make an outstanding contribution to the area of Intellectual Property Law
- Overall merit in my LLM and a distinction in my dissertation on TRIPS and Software Protection: Impact on Developing Countries
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Business Finance – Professional Skills Course 2009
BPP, London, UK
Patents and Traditional Innovation in Developing Countries (PhD) 2007
Queen Mary University, London, UK
Postgraduate Diploma in Law – Legal Studies (LPC) 2005
College of Law, London, UK
Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGDL/CPE) 2002, 2004
Middlesex University, London, UK
BA Hons English & Philosophy (combined) 1981
University of Lagos, Nigeria
Environmental Security and Sustaining Peace – Excellent 2020
Online Course – SDG
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
International Law and Practice:
- Interpretation, Clarification, Advice, Representation in WTO Law, Foreign Direct Investments – FDI, International Commercial Transactions and Arbitrations, and Human Rights
- Environmental Security and Sustaining Peace
- internetwork and Telecommunications Engineering
- Communication skills: Adept at delivering effective and engaging talks and presentations to a broad range of audiences
- People skills: I thrive in circumstances where I can meet people, have informal conversations and offer my assistance to them
- Mass mobilization/engagement – ability to engage and motivate to create awareness and lead to action
- Mediation skills – engagement of parties towards conflict resolution, especially through alternative dispute resolution (ADR) techniques
- Excellent memory: Ability to remember intricate details without having to refer to notes
- Multitasking: Studied and worked within them.