ABIA NORTH SCREENING COMMITTEE FOR ADOPTION/ENDORSEMENT OF CONSENSUS GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE
Last week we promised setting up a committee that will recommend in consultation with our BOT and elders of Abia North who to Support/endorse for Governorship in the forthcoming Governorship Election in Abia State.
It is obvious that we cannot as a people go for the Governorship Election in 2023 with over 8 candidates and expect to win or miracle to happen.
The Screening committee will among other things consider the chances, capacity, Credibility, Competence, Political party and individual contact network of the different candidates from Abia North and Select only one person.
It is at that point, this group will make a statement of endorsement to be signed by the group, BOT and representative of Abia North elders. Our position will be published in National dailies, Radio and television.
Members of the committee are men and women of proven integrity from the five Local governments of Abia North who are passionate about our project of producing the next Governor of Abia State ( 2 from each LG and the DG of Abia North Political Projects who will chair the committee).
- Dr. Uduma Nnate . Chairman
- Peter Nnaukwu Ogbuji . Secretary
- Onoh Chukwuma Richard. Member
- Elder Henry KANU. Member
- High Chief Henry Okechukwu. Member
- Dr. Ody Ajike. Member
- Chief Eme Uche Onu. Member
- Chief Dan Akwari. Member
- Eziada Julieth Nkem Azurundu. Member
- Comrd. Madu Juliet. Member
- Comrd. Ochuba Ikemefula. Member
MEMBERS OF THE BOT/ELDERS OF ABIA NORTH FOR CONSULTATION
- Prof. Uma Eleazu(BOT Chairman)
- Dr. Eme Okoro
- Senator (General) Ike Nwachukwu
- Chief Ndidi Okereke
- Chief Charles Ama
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
- Identify all Governorship Candidates of all political parties from Abia North.
- Meet with all Governorship Candidates from Abia North extraction and convince them why it is necessary we go with one candidate in the forthcoming Governorship election in Abia State.
- The three key considerations are:
A) CAPACITY :- Does the candidate have the mental, financial, physical, spiritual, and academic capacity to deliver? Emphasis on Financial capacity to campaign in all the wards and polling units in Abia state.
B) CREDIBILITY :- What are his/her scorecards?, Achievements, lifestyle, attributes and all round assessment of the candidate. Does he have integrity and the morality to lead rightly? Can we believe in the candidate and trust his/her judgement?
C) COMPETENCE :- This is the candidate’s ability to do something efficiently and effectively. Do we trust his/her ability to deliver and think outside the box?
D) POLITICAL PARTY: Does his/her party have the needed grassroot appeal and structure to win Governorship election in Abia State? If not are there potentialities of gathering such appeal and structure within the limited time left if the other considerations are in abundant supply?
- Does the candidate understand the all-round nitty gritty of elections in Abia state?
- And other considerations of the committee.
This committee should submit their report to the general house for consideration and implementation within one month.
Accept the assurances of our best regards.
Dr. Uduma Nnate.
DG, ABIA NORTH POLITICAL PROJECTS 2023