Abia Assembly Writes Police, DSS – Says Rt. Hon. Orji Impeached As Speaker & Suspended Alongside 7 Others.
The Abia State House of Assembly led by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Chukwudi Apugo has formally notified the Commissioner of Police and the DSS Abia State Command on the Suspension of its former Speaker, Rt. Hon. Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji and 7 other members.
The house in its letter explained that the former speaker was impeached on accounts of gross misconduct and abuse of office explaining that he should cease parading himself as the Speaker of the House.
The house advised Security Agencies in the State not to patronize the former Speaker and his cohorts as they are hellbent on disrupting the peace in the state.
Those suspended according to the new Speaker includes:
- Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji (Umuahia Central)
- Hon. Solomon Akpulonu (Obingwa East)
- Hon. Paul Taribo (Ukwa East).
- Hon. Mandela Obasi (Ohafia North)
- Hon. Ginger Onwusibe (Isiala Ngwa North)
- Hon. Abraham Oba (Aba Central).
- Hon. Emeka Okoroafor (Isiukwuato) and
- Hon. Jerry Uzosike (Umuahia South).