THE OUTSTANDING PROFILE OF CHIEF DR. DANIEL CHIMEZIE OKEKE
Chief Daniel Chimezie Okeke PhD is an accomplished innovator, a knowledge enthusiast, an international and local business giant with extensive successful investments in the Logistic Transportation and Shipping Sector, Hospitality Industries, Downstream Oil and Gas sector, Civil/Construction Engineering and Philanthropy. His unending curiosity has been a major drive in his business enterprise, and this has been rewarded with excellent records of achievements.
Chief Dr.Daniel C, Okeke was born on the 21st day of September, 1970 to the devout Christian family of Late Sir Anthony Okeke Okore and Madam Florence Anthony Okeke, both are from Ubila Ututu, Arochukwu Local Government Area, Abia State. Chief Okeke’s vibrant curiosity led him to commencial Primary school at an early age, in Ubila/Amaetiti Primary School, Ututu, from where he proceeded to Ututu Secondary Commercial School . Due to his business ambitions and acumen. He later proceeded to University of Science and Technology Nkpolu, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, from where he graduated with a B.Sc. in Business Administration and MBA in Management in the same Institution. Since then he has remained restless in search of knowledge, and in the wise words of his Mentor, Geeta Iyengar, he remains resolute in the mantra that “Knowledge has a beginning but no ending”. It was therefore not surprising that Chief Dr. Okeke continues to acquire knowledge and educational achievements with unstoppable drive and Victorian ease. To his credit, he has bagged multiple Master’s degrees in all the areas knowledge that dominates his business empire, especially in his M.Sc, Human Resources Management, and M.Sc, Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain degrees which continue to positively influence his competence and rational decisions on issues. With such rare combination of academic excellence and hard-worn business experiences and tutelage. No wonder Chief Okeke is able to drive his businesses and other successful engagements along the part of great achievements.
As a Knowledge enthusiast with a focus on innovation, Chief Okeke has garnered the following degrees and perfected them through practical business activities that makes him a rare model to young Nigerians entrepreneurs and all citizens:
• Ph.D (Honoris Causa), Human Resource Management, International Victory Bible Institute, Tulsa, Oklohama, USA, (2015).
• MBA, Management, University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, (2008).
• M.Sc, Human Resources Management, East London Business College, Manchester, UK (2019).
• M.Sc, Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain, University of Salford, Manchester, UK (2018}.
• B.Sc (Hons) Business Administration, University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt (1996-2001).
• Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy in business administration with a specialization in shipping, logistics, supply chain and maritime administration, University of America, California, USA (2021).
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES AND ORGANIZATIONS:
Chief/Dr Daniel Chimezie Okeke holds the membership of several reputable professional organizations of National and International prominence. He extensively networks within these organizations to shape and foster all his activities, including his business structuring, his sound corporate management governance and his customer drive and profiling. Always, he has been able to blend his rich local business acumen with the adaptive growth strategies of global-organizations he interacts with, in order to remain ahead of the competition. These include as:
• Member, Nigeria Shippers Council
• Member, Port Harcourt Chamber of Commerce, Agriculture, Mines and Industries.
• Member, Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents.
• Member, Chartered Manager, Chartered Business Institute, London.
• Fellow, Chartered Business Institute, London.
• Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administrators of Nigeria (FCAI)
• Fellow, Institute of Export Operations and Management of Nigeria.
• CEO’s HALL OF FAME (Class of 2019 inductee) by African Leadership Magazine.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
Chief/Dr. Daniel Chimezie Okeke is a clear example that ‘a gold fish can never be hidden; just as the light cannot lose it’s rays under a bushel’. His commitment to service, dedication to entrepreneurial business growth in Nigeria, and his ability to mentor and grown young business men and entrepreneurs, has attracted the attention of many citizens, his community and humanity at large. For these he has become a household-name with several awards and recognitions, as followings:
• Award of Exemplary service to humanity, by Evangelical AME Zion Church, Obiene Ututu.
• Award of The Good ambassador of Christ, by Presbyterian Church, Obiene Ututu.
• Award of an Achiever per Excellence, by Law Students, Abia State University, Uturu.
• Ezinna by Inyom Ututu, Abia State.
• Award of A Strong Pillar of Community Development, by Ututu Youth Forum in appreciation for the building/furnishing of Ututu/Ihechiowa Customary Court.
• Award as an Ambassador Excellence in Service, by Nzuko Ututu Community, Abuja
• Award of Man of Virtue, by Umuiwe Autonomous Community, Ututu.
• Award of Excellence in Recognition of Selfless Service to Humanity and Mankind, by the National Youth Council of Nigeria.
• Merit Award for Service to Humanity, by The Armed Forces Blood Centre, Port Harcourt.
• Award of Excellence as Distinguished Friend of Isu Community, by Isu Progressive Union.
• Award as the Most Coordinated Chief Executive Officer of The Year 2017, by Search Light Media Magazine.
• Leadership Excellence Awards, by the Network for African Leadership Initiative (NALI) in collaboration with Grass Roots Monitor.
• Award of Man of Integrity 2019, by The Nigerian Christian Journalists.
-To efface the dilapidated nature of the Ubila/Ametiti primary school environment in Ututu he built several classroom blocks.
-He also built ICT centers to prepare students ahead of the labour market demands, as the world approaches to be a global village.
-Over 400 students across Abia state enjoy scholarship courtesy of Chief Daniel Chimezie Okeke (Mezie Abia).
EMPOWERMENTS, EMPLOYMENT, AND JOB CREATION
-Mezie Abia has been recorded as one of the highest employer of labour as he finds joy employing qualified Arochukwu / Ohafia and Abia people in his companies.
-As a man of influence he has attracted several jobs across the country and always sorts for his constituents as beneficiaries.
-Mezie Abia has over the years empowered so many youths by providing them with capital to establish or support their businesses
-He has also bought many motorcycles and grinding Machines for so many youths.
-As water remain essential to man’s existence, Mezie Abia has dogged and constructed boreholes for his people.
-He also bought transformers to support power supply as its vital for a community growth.
-He played major role in the construction of so many road projects in the constituency e.g the St. Paul to Ubila road in ututu and so many others.
-He constructed road for his Community.
-Chief Daniel Okeke constructed and furnished the new customary court building in ututu situated in Amasa Ututu.
-Mezie Abia built a Grand Civic Center located St. Paul junction in Ututu Arochukwu
SPORTS, SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ENHANCEMENT
-Mezie Abia knew the role of football in Uniting the community, enhancing progress of Ututu when he sponsored a 4yrs annual football competition which has a huge take home price and evidently this has been the reason many people come home for Christmas.
-A community is known by their cultural heritage, Mezie Abia has been a wonderful Pillar of support to our mothers as he always grace their annual August meeting , Ututu Day Celebration & have contributed to other well meaning projects.
-Mezie Abia built the Apostolic Faith Church edifice in Umuakatawo, Obingwa LGA Abia State.
- Chief Daniel Okeke roofed and tiled St Mary’s Catholic Church Ubila Ututu.
-Chief Daniel Okeke roofed and tiled the Apostolic Faith Church Ututu.
Chief Daniel Chimezie Okeke has built, furnished and donated houses to less privileged and elderly displaced people in ututu Arochukwu LGA.
Meanwhile, Chief Daniel Okeke has not held any political office either by election or appointment this is to say that all the above-mentioned achievements were done with his resources.
Follow his official social handles.
Facebook @ Daniel Chimezie Okeke – Mezie Abia
Twitter @ DanielOkeke2023
Instagram @ Chief.Daniel_okeke
Oti Maduabuchi Orieji
(Media and Publicity)