Security

US Freezes Assets Of Eight Nigerians Over Boko Haram, ISIL Links (See Names)

US Freezes Assets Of Eight Nigerians Over Boko Haram, ISIL Links (See Names)

US Freezes Assets Of Eight Nigerians Over Boko Haram, ISIL Links (See Names) The United States has frozen the assets and properties of eight Nigerians on suspicion of having ties to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, ISIL, and Boko Haram. The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) at the US Treasury published a more than 3,000-page report over the weekend that included those who had been sanctioned for offences relating to cybercrime and other security risks. The announcement follows the US Congress’s recent proposals to freeze assets and bar visas for Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, the former governor…
Read More
Trump Tells Hamas To Proceed With ‘Full, Immediate’ Disarmament

Trump Tells Hamas To Proceed With ‘Full, Immediate’ Disarmament

Trump Tells Hamas To Proceed With ‘Full, Immediate’ Disarmament US President Donald Trump on Sunday urged Hamas to move forward with disarmament under his plan for postwar Gaza, and said members of his so-called “Board of Peace” had pledged $5 billion to the Palestinian territory’s reconstruction. “Very importantly, Hamas must uphold its commitment to Full and Immediate Demilitarisation,” Trump said in a post on his Truth Social platform, ahead of a February 19 meeting of the board in Washington. Disarmament is a key part in the second phase of the US-brokered ceasefire plan sealed in October between Israel and the…
Read More
El-Rufai Accuses NSA Of Acquiring ‘Odourless Poison’ From Poland

El-Rufai Accuses NSA Of Acquiring ‘Odourless Poison’ From Poland

El-Rufai Accuses NSA Ribadu Of Acquiring ‘Odourless Poison’ From Poland Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai, has written to the Office of the National Security Adviser, seeking clarification over the alleged procurement of a toxic chemical substance, Thallium Sulphate, reportedly by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA). In a letter addressed to the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, at the Office of the National Security Adviser, Abuja, dated January 30, 2026 and received on February 11, 2026 by ONSA, El-Rufai said he was acting “as a concerned citizen” in requesting details about what he described as the…
Read More
Sunday Igboho Hails Nnamdi Kanu For Ending Sit-At-Home

Sunday Igboho Hails Nnamdi Kanu For Ending Sit-At-Home

Sunday Igboho Hails Nnamdi Kanu For Ending Sit-at-home Yoruba nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, widely known as Sunday Igboho, has commended the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, for cancelling the long-standing Monday sit-at-home across the South-East states. In a statement issued on Friday through his legal counsel, Pelumi Olanjengbesi, Igboho described the development as both thoughtful and timely, noting that it would significantly reinvigorate socio-economic activities in the region. He added that the decision would help create an enabling environment for small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as entrepreneurs, to thrive. Kanu, who is currently serving…
Read More
NNPP Rejects US Bill Seeking Sanctions On Kwankwaso Over Alleged Religious Violations

NNPP Rejects US Bill Seeking Sanctions On Kwankwaso Over Alleged Religious Violations

NNPP Rejects US Bill Seeking Sanctions On Kwankwaso Over Alleged Religious Violations The New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) has condemned a bill before the United States congress seeking to impose sanctions on Rabiu Kwankwaso, its national leader, for alleged “severe religious freedom violations”. On Tuesday, five US lawmakers introduced a bill in the country’s house of representatives to compel the secretary of state to submit a “comprehensive report on US efforts to address the ongoing religious persecution and mass atrocities in Nigeria. If the proposed legislation becomes law, the Departments of State and Treasury are expected to impose sanctions, including…
Read More
Gunmen Kidnap Nine Worshippers During Church Vigil In Benue

Gunmen Kidnap Nine Worshippers During Church Vigil In Benue

Gunmen Kidnap Nine Worshippers During Church Vigil In Benue The Benue State police command has confirmed the abduction of nine worshippers at Saint John’s Catholic Church, Ojije, in the Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area of the state. The victims were reportedly kidnapped on Sunday night while attending a vigil on the church premises, as gunmen stormed the area and whisked them away. Udeme Edet, the police spokesperson for the Benue police command, confirmed the incident to journalists on Monday, saying the Commissioner of Police, Ifeanyi Emenari, had deployed tactical units to rescue the abducted worshippers. According to Ms…
Read More
US Africa Command Visits President Tinubu  In Abuja

US Africa Command Visits President Tinubu In Abuja

US Africa Command Visits President Tinubu In Abuja A high-level delegation from the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) paid a courtesy visit to President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Sunday, in what appears to be a sign of strengthened bilateral ties on security and regional stability. The meeting featured key U.S. military and diplomatic figures, including Chargé d’Affaires of the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria, Keith Heffern; AFRICOM Commander, General Dagvin Anderson; Senior Foreign Policy Adviser to AFRICOM, Ambassador Peter Vrooman; and Command Sergeant Major Garric M. Banfield, the Command Senior Enlisted Leader of AFRICOM. Special Assistant…
Read More
Nnamdi Kanu Orders Total Cancellation Of Monday Sit-At-Home In South-East – IPOB

Nnamdi Kanu Orders Total Cancellation Of Monday Sit-At-Home In South-East – IPOB

Nnamdi Kanu Orders Total Cancellation Of Monday Sit-at-Home In South-East – IPOB The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has announced the permanent cancellation of the Monday sit-at-home directive across the South-East, effective Monday, February 9, 2026. The directive comes directly from IPOB leader Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who emphasized that the people should return to schools, workplaces, and markets without fear or intimidation. IPOB’s spokesperson, Emma Powerful, stated that any attempt to enforce the sit-at-home from this point forward would be considered opposition to Kanu’s orders and the Biafran cause. “All markets, schools, offices, transport services, and economic activities must…
Read More
President Tinubu Deploys Army Battalion To Kwara Village After Deadly Attack

President Tinubu Deploys Army Battalion To Kwara Village After Deadly Attack

President Tinubu Deploys Army Battalion To Kwara Village After Deadly Attack President Bola Tinubu has ordered the deployment of an army battalion in Kaiama LGA of Kwara state following the deadly attack by suspected terrorists on the Nuku and Woro communities on Tuesday. Rauf Ajakaye, the chief press secretary to AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, governor of Kwara State, told TheCable that 75 residents were killed by the suspected terrorists during the attack. In a statement issued on Wednesday night, Bayo Onanuga, presidential spokesperson, quoted Tinubu as saying the new military command will spearhead “Operation Savannah Shield” to “checkmate the barbaric terrorists and…
Read More
Gunmen Kidnap Tinubu’s Campaign Group Director General

Gunmen Kidnap Tinubu’s Campaign Group Director General

Gunmen Kidnap Tinubu’s Campaign Group Director General Suspected gunmen have abducted a Chieftain of the All Progressive Congress in Ondo state and the Director General of a support group for President Bola Tinubu, Asiwaju Media Team, Prince Emorioloye Owoloemi. Sources said that the victim was kidnapped at about 9 am along the Okonga/Olodo Junction in Igbokoda, Ilaje council area of the state. He was reportedly forcefully taken from his office by armed individuals who arrived his office in two Hilux vehicles. “His current whereabouts remain unknown, and all efforts to reach him have proven futile. “This act of criminality, carried…
Read More