Crime

Presidency Finally Breaks Silence On Alleged Coup Plot

Presidency Finally Breaks Silence On Alleged Coup Plot

Presidency Finally Breaks Silence On Alleged Coup Plot (Read Details) The Presidency has dismissed reports of an alleged coup attempt in Nigeria, reaffirming its confidence in the military’s loyalty to President Bola Tinubu’s administration. Speaking on air on TVC News on Tuesday, the Special Adviser on Media and Public Communication to the President, Sunday Dare, said there was “no coup attempt” anywhere in the country. He maintained that the government fully aligns with the position of the Nigerian Armed Forces, which had earlier denied any such plot. Dare stressed that the military remains the constitutionally recognized institution responsible for safeguarding…
Read More
Tinubu Reviews Pardon List, Excludes Drug, Human Trafficking, Kidnapping Convicts

Tinubu Reviews Pardon List, Excludes Drug, Human Trafficking, Kidnapping Convicts

Tinubu Reviews Pardon List, Excludes Drug, Human Trafficking, Kidnapping Convicts President Bola Tinubu has ordered the removal of persons convicted for kidnapping, drug trafficking, human trafficking, fraud, and unlawful possession of firearms from the list of beneficiaries under the federal government’s prerogative of mercy. A statement on Wednesday by Bayo Onanuga, special adviser to the president on information and strategy, said Tinubu took the decision “following consultations with the Council of State and public opinion”. STATEHOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT TINUBU SIGNS INSTRUMENT OF CLEMENCY AND PARDONS, MOVES SECRETARIAT OF PREROGATIVE OF MERCY COMMITTEE TO JUSTICE MINISTRY President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,…
Read More
Self-Proclaimed Obi Of Lagos, Apologises To Oba, State Govt

Self-Proclaimed Obi Of Lagos, Apologises To Oba, State Govt

‘Self-proclaimed Obi Of Lagos’ Apologises To Oba, State Govt Chibuike Azubuike, the self-styled “Obi of Lagos,” who was arrested in September by police operatives for his alleged involvement in a fraud-related case, has issued a public apology to the Lagos State Government and the Oba of Lagos. Azubuike had earlier stirred controversy after announcing plans to host an Igbo New Yam Festival in the Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos State, a move that drew backlash from residents who viewed it as an attempt to impose Igbo cultural practices in a state deeply rooted in Yoruba heritage. In a public notice…
Read More
EFCC Recovered Over N500 Billion, Secured 7,000 Convictions In Two Years – Tinubu

EFCC Recovered Over N500 Billion, Secured 7,000 Convictions In Two Years – Tinubu

EFCC Recovered Over N500 Billion, Secured 7,000 Convictions In Two Years – Tinubu President Bola Tinubu says that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has secured over 7,000 convictions and recovered assets worth over N500 billion within the past two years under his administration. Speaking on Monday at the seventh edition of a three-day capacity-building workshop for judges and justices, organised by the EFCC and the National Judicial Institute (NJI) in Abuja, the president, represented by Vice-President Kashim Shettima, said the figures reflect his administration’s commitment to the anti-corruption fight and the independence of the judiciary. “The EFCC has…
Read More
Notorious Bandit Leader, Bello Tunji Releases 100 Captives In Fresh Peace Deal Effort

Notorious Bandit Leader, Bello Tunji Releases 100 Captives In Fresh Peace Deal Effort

Notorious Bandit Leader, Bello Turji Releases 100 Captives In Fresh Peace Deal Effort A notorious bandit leader, Bello Turji, has released no fewer than 100 captives in a renewed peace initiative aimed at ending years of violent attacks and abductions in Zamfara State. Security sources told Zagazola Makama that the release followed sustained dialogue and confidence-building efforts led by community leaders and facilitated through the peace deal process of North West Operation Safe Corridor. The freed victims, comprising men, women, and children, were handed over to local authorities and taken to a hospital for medical evaluation before being reunited with…
Read More
Allerged Certificate Forgery: Why I Resigned As Minister – Uche Nnaji Breaks Silence

Allerged Certificate Forgery: Why I Resigned As Minister – Uche Nnaji Breaks Silence

Alleged Certificate Forgery: Why I Resigned As Minister – Uche Nnaji Breaks Silence Uche Nnaji, former minister of innovation, science and technology, says his resignation from President Bola Tinubu’s cabinet is not an admission of guilt but a mark of respect for due process. Nnaji resigned on Monday following allegations of certificate forgery against him. An investigation by PREMIUM TIMES revealed Nnaji did not complete his university education and that both the bachelor’s degree and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate he presented to Tinubu, as well as to the offices of the secretary to the government of the federation…
Read More
Senator Natasha’s Trial Stalled, New Date Picked

Senator Natasha’s Trial Stalled, New Date Picked

Senator Natasha’s Trial Stalled, New Date Picked The trial of suspended Kogi Central lawmaker, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, which was schedule to begin on Monday has been stalled due to an objection raised by the defendant. Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan is standing trial over cybercrime charges brought against her by the federal government before a Federal High Court in Abuja. Akpoti-Uduaghan was arraigned on June 30 on a six-count charge filed by the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPF), Mohammed Abubakar, and was granted bail, following which Justice Mohammed Umar adjourned till September 22 for the commencement of trial. During proceedings…
Read More
No Visa For Corrupt Nigerian Officials – US Declares

No Visa For Corrupt Nigerian Officials – US Declares

No Visa For Corrupt Nigerian Officials – US Declares The United States has declared that corrupt Nigerian government officials will face visa restrictions, reiterating that there is no limit on accountability. The U.S. Mission in Nigeria gave the warning in a statement released on Monday via its official X handle. “Fighting corruption knows no borders or limits on accountability. Even when high-profile individuals engage in corruption, they can be barred from receiving U.S. visas,” the Mission stated. The warning comes just hours after Federal Capital Territory Minister, Nyesom Wike, was petitioned before U.S. authorities over alleged unlawful acquisition of multimillion-dollar…
Read More
Internet Fraudsters Responsible For Stricter Visa Restrictions Against Nigerians – EFCC

Internet Fraudsters Responsible For Stricter Visa Restrictions Against Nigerians – EFCC

Internet Fraudsters Responsible For Stricter Visa Restrictions Against Nigerians – EFCC The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has blamed suspects involved in internet fraud and money laundering for subjecting Nigerians to stricter visa restrictions criteria abroad. This was disclosed in a statement by the Commission on Tuesday. The Executive Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ola Olukoyede, called on youths in the South-South region to resist the lure of internet fraud and other financial crimes, describing fraud as a deadly trap that destroys lives and futures. According to the EFCC boss, “Internet fraud, money laundering, and economic sabotage cost Nigeria…
Read More
EFCC Arraigns ‘PDP Campaign DG’ Over ‘N26m Money Laundering, Vote-Buying’ During By-Election

EFCC Arraigns ‘PDP Campaign DG’ Over ‘N26m Money Laundering, Vote-Buying’ During By-Election

EFCC Arraigns ‘PDP Campaign DG’ Over ‘N26m Money Laundering, Vote-buying’ During By-Election The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned two suspects before a federal high court in Abuja over alleged money laundering and vote-buying involving N26 million. In a statement on Wednesday, Dele Oyewale, EFCC spokesperson, said the suspects, Esther Dawaki and Shehu Aliyu Fatange, were brought before Emeka Nwite, presiding judge, on a five-count charge bordering on conspiracy, money laundering, and accepting cash payments above the threshold permitted by law. Oyewale said they were arrested on August 16, 2025, in Kaduna with N26,463,000, suspected to be earmarked…
Read More