Crime

Ganduje Fires Kano Govt, Speaks On Missing Corruption File

Ganduje Fires Kano Govt, Speaks On Missing Corruption File

Ganduje Fires Kano Govt, Speaks On Missing Corruption File Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has fired back at the Kano State government over allegations that he masterminded the disappearance of a corruption file from a courthouse. Ganduje denied the allegations, accusing the state government of orchestrating the violence that led to the file’s disappearance. In a statement, Ganduje’s chief press secretary, Edwin Olofu, claimed that the state government was responsible for the violence and the missing file. Olofu stated that the allegations against Ganduje were baseless and comical and that the state government was trying…
Read More
N50Billion Given To NELFUND Came From Recovered Proceeds Of Crime, Not Donation – EFCC

N50Billion Given To NELFUND Came From Recovered Proceeds Of Crime, Not Donation – EFCC

N50Billion Given To NELFUND Came From Recovered Proceeds Of Crime, Not Donation – EFCC The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday said the N50 billion given to the Nigerian Education Loan Fund (NELFUND), also known as Students Loan, was not a donation as reported by some media organisations. The anti-corruption agency in a statement issued by its Head of Media & Publicity, Dele Oyewale, said the fund was rather part of the recovered proceeds of crime remitted to the Nigerian government which the government decided to plough into students loan scheme. There were reports that the agency on…
Read More
Protesters Who Invaded Kano Court Carted Away Ganduje’s Corruption Trial Documents – Government

Protesters Who Invaded Kano Court Carted Away Ganduje’s Corruption Trial Documents – Government

Protesters Who Invaded Kano Court Carted Away Ganduje’s Corruption Trial Documents – Govt The Kano State government has said those who invaded Kano State High Court during the nationwide protest carted away some of the documents used in the corruption trial of former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje. Daily Trust reports that the State High Court was one of the properties vandalised and looted by hoodlums during the #EndBadGovernance protest. On Wednesday, Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf visited the court to assess the damages done. The governor was conducted round the court premises by the Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Barrister Haruna…
Read More
Former President Obasanjo Asked To Surrender To EFCC For Probe

Former President Obasanjo Asked To Surrender To EFCC For Probe

Former President Obasanjo Asked To Surrender To EFCC For Probe Oba Francis Alao, the Olugbon of Orile-Igbon in Oyo State, has lambasted former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. This Nigeria news platform understands that the monarch dared Obasanjo to surrender himself to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) because he is not a saint. Alao made the statement days after Obasanjo said that most Nigerian political leaders should be behind bars. Obasanjo spoke in Abeokuta on Friday, August 9, when he received six members of the House of Representatives, who are co-sponsors of bills proposing a single six-year term, rotation…
Read More
Assailants Kill Lecturer, Deputy Registrar, Others In Deadly Attack; Police Reacts

Assailants Kill Lecturer, Deputy Registrar, Others In Deadly Attack; Police Reacts

Assailants K¡ll Lecturer, Deputy Registrar, Others In Deadly Attack; Police Reacts The police in Taraba State said a lecturer at the Federal University Wukari and deputy registrar of Taraba State School of Health Technology, Takum were among the passengers killed by gunmen along Takum-Wukari road early Monday morning. The acting Police Public Relations Officer, Taraba police command, DSP Kwache Gambo, confirmed the killed to our correspondent in a telephone interview. Daily Trust had earlier reported that six passengers and a driver were killed at a boundary area between Taraba and Benue states along Takum-Wukari road. It was gathered that among…
Read More
Details Emerge On How Top Nigeria Labour Congress Leader Was Abducted

Details Emerge On How Top Nigeria Labour Congress Leader Was Abducted

Top Nigeria Labour Congress Leader Abducted (Details Emerged) The Vice chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress in Kogi State, Eleojo Opaluwa has been allegedly abducted by the police. According to Vanguard, Opaluwa, an official of the National Union of Electricity Employees was whisked away by operatives of NPF’s Intelligence Response Team, IRT, in Mararaba, Nasarawa State on August 4, 2024 and has been kept incommunicado since. Eyewitnesses said they saw Opaluwa being transported in police vehicles, including a Hilux and a Gulf, after he left his family to meet an unidentified caller. Later that day, around 5 p.m., security personnel…
Read More
ICPC Raids NAHCON Office, Picks Director Over Alleged N90 Billion Hajj Subsidy

ICPC Raids NAHCON Office, Picks Director Over Alleged N90 Billion Hajj Subsidy

ICPC Raids NAHCON Office, Picks Director Over Alleged N90 Billion Hajj Subsidy Operatives of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) have raided the headquarters of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) in Abuja, over alleged mismanagement of the N90 billion intervention for the 2024 hajj. According to a source, the anti-graft operatives who stormed the Hajj house shut down official activities in some strategic offices, including the office of the chief executive officer, finance and procurement departments. The source, who prefers anonymity, said the sting operation, which lasted several hours has further brought the commission…
Read More
Nigerian Army Arrests Soldier Who Gunned Down Teenage Protester

Nigerian Army Arrests Soldier Who Gunned Down Teenage Protester

Nigerian Army Arrests Soldier Who Gunned Down Teenage Protester The Nigerian Army says the soldier who killed a teenage protester in Zaria, Kaduna State, has been arrested. According to Daily Trust, one of the soldiers on patrol in Samaru, Zaria, gunned down the victim, Isma’il Muhammad, who was a secondary school leaver, at about 9am on Tuesday. Samaru community is a host to hundreds of staff and students of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. It was gathered that Muhammad was shot dead at his residence at Sarkin Pawa Street. The deceased’s mother, Zainab Sani, said he was playing with his friends…
Read More
EndBadGovernance:N52bn Worth Of Goods Looted, Destroyed During Protest – Minister

EndBadGovernance:N52bn Worth Of Goods Looted, Destroyed During Protest – Minister

The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Doris Uzoka-Anite, has expressed deep concern over the widespread looting of businesses and livelihoods during the recent protests in the weekend, resulting in an estimated N52 billion worth of goods lost or destroyed. Saying that the loss of 21 lives is saddening, she condemned the miscreants who used the opportunity of the protest to loot businesses and people’s homes. This, she said, is a severe setback for the economy and entrepreneurs, hindering the government’s efforts to attract investments and stimulate economic growth. According to her, “approximately N52 billion worth of goods were looted,…
Read More
Police Arrests Mastermind Of Russian Flag Displays During Hardship Protests

Police Arrests Mastermind Of Russian Flag Displays During Hardship Protests

Police Arrests Mastermind Behind Russian Flag Displays During Hardship Protests A man allegedly responsible for the widespread display of Russian flags during the #EndBadGovernance protests in Kano has been apprehended by authorities. The tailor identified as Ahmed was arrested in Kano for being in possession of the flags. Ahmed, who is believed to be one of the masterminds behind the distribution of the flags, has been taken into custody for further interrogation. It should be recalled that a number of Nigerians participating in the protests across the country have been spotted waving foreign flags. This has raised concerns about the…
Read More